Design Thinking - It's time to get practical!
Our Designing Thinking workshop is very much about, inclusiveness, collaboration and participation. This is not a theoretical presentation defining terms and trends. This is a hands-on, roll up your sleeves activity, highly immersive and apply’s real world strategies to address real world problems. Every minute of this workshop is fundamentally about understanding people, the insights associated with contextual discovery and the purpose behind every experience driven outcome.
We will guide you through the approaches and practical techniques, that identify the best ways for you and your organisation to adopt Design Thinking as a mindset and process as you embark on or continue a customer first, digital journey.
Applied around the world
Some of the world’s leading brands, such as Airbnb, Uber, AMP, 3M, Amazon, Netflix, Microsoft, and GE, have rapidly adopted the Design Thinking & Human Centered Design approaches which are being taught at leading universities around the world, including d.school, Stanford, Harvard and MIT.
What you'll learn
- The reasoning and rationale behind the 5 fundamental phases of Design Thinking: Empathise, Define, Ideate, Prototype, and Test.
- Practical techniques that address a deep, contextual understanding of customer needs, desires, motivations, problems and challenges through the lens of empathy.
- Why you should use Design Thinking and why it’s more effective than traditional business methods when the goal is to innovate, build bridges, connect and provide value to the triple bottom line of economic, environmental & social benefit.
- How you drive your organisation to become advocates of a Human-Centered and Design Thinking culture.
- Early and fast product and service realisation formed from rapid prototyping as well as testing methods that will help you reduce risks, mitigate waste and accelerate organisational learning.
- We’ll encourage you to explore in your own way, how to quickly and effectively research and experiment with the ideas and techniques that will help you and your team best position a Human-Centered Design program of work.